Monday, May 13, 2013

Memorable Quotes from this Good Book

Hello!


I have just finished another book - this is a rare find. It is one of those books that I picked out of the shelf amidst the sheer ming-boggling no of books in the library based on its interesting title "The Secret Intensity Of Everyday Life" by William Nicholson, who incidentally did the screenplay for Gladiatory and also wrote the script for the movie "Shadowlands", on the life of my favourite author, CS Lewis.


Ok, so I will set about jotting down some of his really memorable lines (hope this is not plagiarism, but they are so unique, they stand out so much amidst all that text and a not-so-very-engaging plot like jewels blazing in their colour that I have to write them down).

_____________________

"Okay, if I'm being honest, I think Friends is a work of genius. I mean, I really do. The best dialogue on television today.:


"Wow."


"I know that makes me what the children call a saddo."


"A saddo? No, not at all. It makes me want to know what you see that I don't."


"Okay" He rises to the challenge. "That episode Alice is watching, the lasagne one. Rachel breaks up with her Italian boyfriend... She dumps him because Phoebe tells her he's come on to her."


"In the massage parlour."


"Right. And Phoebe feels bad. And Rachel comes out with this classic Friends line. She says "It's better that I know, but I liked it better before it was better." Isn't that perfect?"

________________

Phoebe is going to give birth to triplets.


The doctor in the delivery room keeps talking abuot Fonzie. Who's Fonzie? Joey seems to be going into labour too. Then Chandler does a dance and Monica says "Don't do the dance!"


Alan punches the air.


"I love it! You saw that? She never even turned round. She just knew he'd do the dance. These people just know each other so well."

_______________________


Why do I want this so much if it's all a delusion? Why does the act of forming lines in my head excite me so much that my bowels melt and I have to run to the lavatory unbuckling my belt as I go? Don't tell me that's not the real thing.


No comments: